Avista Joint Care Center
The Joint Care Center at Avista Adventist Hospital in Louisville is different. You will quickly see that this is a unique environment, one that is decidedly inviting and peaceful.
You will soon discover there's a deeper philosophy at work here, a mission to provide you with excellent care in a setting focused on wellness. Here you will find that you are treated not as someone who is ill, but as someone who is well and on the way back to a previous level of vitality.
Our focus on these kinds of details arises from our study of research that shows that people having hip replacements and knee replacements simply recover more quickly, have less pain, and require less medication when cared for in an atmosphere that is physically and psychologically supportive.
The joint replacement experience we've created at Avista Adventist Hospital and the resulting improved outcomes are made possible by several key features, many of which you simply won't find at every hospital that performs joint replacement surgery.
Experience for yourself our award winning care for joint replacement patients.
Each of these components is a critical element in our new model of joint care. And each exists for one purpose, to create the best possible healing environment for your complete and rapid recovery.
- Patient Satisfaction.
Avista's Joint & Spine Care Center prides itself on tremendous patient satisfaction scores. We were awarded the HealthStream Research Excellence Through Insight Award indicating the highest overall patient satisfaction scores for inpatient orthopedics for 2010 - 2012 consecutively.
- JCAHO Accreditation. Certificate of Distinction Gold Seal of Approval awarded by the Joint Commission for our Hip and Knee Replacement Program in 2012.
- Tomorrow's technology today. From computer-assisted surgery to the most advanced prosthetics, your surgery will be in a state-of-the-art facility.
- Advanced methods of surgery and pain control. New, less invasive surgical techniques, coupled with advanced pain control options, contribute to your comfort and more rapid recovery.
- World class physicians. Our specialty joint surgeons are trained in joint replacement at the nation's top teaching institutions. They bring notable achievement, years of experience, and a passion for excellence, making this facility one of Colorado's finest. Dr. Thomas Eickmann, our medical director for the Joint Care Center, guides our program to ensure implementation of the very best evidence based care practices for our patients.
- Expert staff. 100 percent of our regular Joint Care Center staff nurses are certified by the National Association of Orthopedic Nurses, a percentage unrivaled by any other joint replacement center in Colorado. Our physical and occupational therapists are specially trained in joint replacement and spine surgeries. Unlike some hospitals where joint patients are treated by staff who handle a broad range of surgical patients, Joint Care Center team is focused on these areas and bring a level of experience that results in exceptional expertise.
- A seamless continuum of care. From the minute your surgery is scheduled, the Joint Care Center team facilitates every aspect of your care. Your team includes your physician, Pre-Surgical Testing, pharmacists, nurses, physical and occupational therapists, discharge planners, and the Joint & Spine Care Center manager. Our entire focus is on you! This coordinated approach across the care continuum is rare in health care, creating an experience that is efficient, accountable, and seamless.
- Privacy and comfort. Our rooms, many with breathtaking views of the Flatirons, are located in an area of the hospital dedicated exclusively to joint and spine care patients, each with a private bathroom designed for easy access. In keeping with our wellness focus, you may wear your own comfortable clothes throughout your stay, instead of a hospital gown.
- Education and support. Research confirms that patients improve more rapidly and experience less post-surgical depression and anxiety if they know what to expect and have consistent support. That's why our entire program is centered around group physical therapy and on-going education. The encouragement and support that you gain by interacting with others who have undergone similar procedures will help you complete your therapy and get back on track faster.
For more information about the joint care program or to find out about upcoming seminars please call 303-661-4460, or you may also view upcoming seminars and register online with our event calendar.