Recognized Leaders in Patient and
Avista Adventist Hospital offers comprehensive medical and emergency and trauma care for the entire family, and is the leading provider of maternity services in the area.
Known for our devotion to whole person care and our tireless attention to creating a safe, compassionate and healing environment, Avista has been recognized for excellence by an impressive list of independent organizations who assess quality and patient satisfaction.
Avista Adventist Hospital is a full service, 114-bed acute-care hospital with a medical staff of more than 600 physicians. In addition to having the area's most innovative birthing center, the hospital is home to the area's largest Neonatal Intensive Care Unit.
Avista is connected to Centura Health, Colorado's health care leader, and its integrated statewide network of 13 hospitals, seven senior living communities, medical clinics, affiliated partner hospitals, Flight for Life® Colorado, and home care and hospice services. Avista's and Centura Health's strength lies in their ability to deliver world-class care to people where and when they need it most. Together, they provide care that transcends the walls of a hospital and connections to top expertise and technology that only Centura Health can make.
Our Distinctive Services
- Avista recognized for excellence—recipient of award for continuous performance improvement from Colorado Performance Excellence (CPEx)—consistent high scores in consumer satisfaction, as measured by national survey of patient experiences (HCAHPS)
- Avista named "Top Performer"—recognized for high performance on key quality measures by The Joint Commission, the leading accreditor of U. S. health care organizations
- Award-winning Intensive Care Unit—recipient of Beacon Award for Critical Care Excellence—recognized as leader in excellent patient outcomes, healthy work environment and high professional goals
- Award-winning New Life Center—recognized by HealthStream Research for being in the top tier of hospitals for patient satisfaction—features 28 labor, delivery and postpartum suites, a Level IIIB nursery and a private spa room for new mothers
- Award-winning Total Joint Care Center—recipient of award by HealthStream research in recognition of outstanding patient satisfaction—led by surgeons trained at some of the nation's top teaching institutions
- Pain management program offers the latest treatments for painful conditions often with fewer side effects, less risk of complications and less reliance on medication
- Emergency Department and Trauma Center features private rooms, a special area for children, and dedicated diagnostic equipment for fast test results
- Surgical services with state-of-the-art operating suites
- Critical care services
Patient & Community Resources
- Free health information and help finding a doctor at 303-777-6877
- A network of physicians who access the same electronic medical records so they have the latest information on each patient, regardless of whether he/she enters the hospital, Emergency Department and Trauma Center or a physician's office
- Community education classes for childbirth prep, exercise, joint pain, spine care and more
- Free online symptom checker at avistahospital.org
- 642 associates
- 600 affiliated physicians
- 114 licensed beds
- Over $11 million in uncompensated and charity care provided annually